"decency" of dress

"decency" of dress

i think binge drinking plays a part in this debate. MOST girls (not all) are only going to dress scantily on a night out, the problem is when shes pissed.

I mean how many rapes take place through the day on a sunny beach, when women practically have nothing on? not many i wouldnt think.

"decency" of dress

it makes me sad when people moan about naked girls on adult magazines in shops being damaging to young children, and that they shouldnt be able to see them.

I think whats more damaging, to young girls, is the crappy 'girly' and celeb magazines that fill their little heads with rubbish and cosmetics, these girls are ending up with no personality and minds of their own.

"decency" of dress

I've said it before, but what really gets me is the censorship on movies which show you how to create life which are automaticaly rated as being 15 or 18 and aren't allowed to show (God forbid!) The errect penis, but it's perfectly acceptable to show fairly effective ways of ending life to kids of any age!

Hell, using a needle to inject heroin comes in at a 15 and I think we can agree that the act of doing heroin is a wee bit worse than the act of having sex.

"decency" of dress

Yep. And all this sex censorship clearly aint working anyway, as we have the largest teen mum population in the EU.

"decency" of dress

Amen!
A person's dress should not result in how they are treated, honestly if you got it flaunt it

*Admiring my girl walking out the door, cause DAMN!*

"decency" of dress

Maybe it shouldn't but do you believe it does?

Slindster - I noticed you voted for "nudity would be fine", does that mean that if your girlfriend said "I'm off out for a night on the town" and strode out of the door in the buff, you'd be fine with that?

"decency" of dress

My choice isn't in the poll but I subscribe to the 'cleavage or legs' rule. Both together looks tacky and, to a certain extent, I spose I do judge women that wear very little to go out drinking, I tend to think they're too insecure to rely on their personalities to find a partner and so have to put everything they have on show to pull a bloke instead.

Having said that, nothing a woman wears is an excuse/reason for rape. Getting so out of her head that she can't stand is putting herself at a stupid risk, imo, but what she wears while she does it is neither here nor there.

"decency" of dress

I'm curious how the following factors in:

Often I've heard it said... heck I've said it myself... that rape is primarily a crime of aggression (eg. degradation/humilation/brutality)... sexual violence is how I've heard if referred to. Everyone from the UN (which includes laws punishable by the Hague - rape, sexual slavery, enforced prostitution, enforced pregnancy, enforced sterilization, and other forms of sexual violence) to County, State and Federal councils have something to say to that effect... many self defense courses have something similar to say as well...

So.. if that's true (and you can voice your thoughts for or against that concept as well) then what is it about dressing scantily that encourages the need for a crime of aggression? Is the visual factor the sole factor in what brings someone to rape. I don't see how it could be... as there are many many recorded cases of rapes of elderly women and of course we've all unfortunately seen the rape of kids.

So what are your thoughts on how this factors into a rape?
Does the above definition fit the bill?
How does what a woman wears bring these sorts out of the woodwork?

I'm sure if I keep reading I can find enough info here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape

but I though it'd be valid for this thread as well.

"decency" of dress

ummm, its so the child cannot see things that the parent doesnt want them to see I believe.

"decency" of dress

Agreed. I wouldn't want grown naked men flaunting their anatomies around my 4 year old daughter.

"decency" of dress

Aside from the fact that some naked dude's schlong waving about isn't the most pleasent sight in the world, why do you feel this would specifically harm your daughter as opposed to you, me or anyone else?

"decency" of dress

Like with everything, children need gradual exposure to their Modern world so they can develop at an appropraite pace.

"decency" of dress

Exactly .... My daughter will learn the differences between men and women when I decide, not some drunk idiot waving his penny whistle about. And being leery while he's about it. Likewise with a woman, my daughter is a child, INNOCENT for as long as I can keep her that way.

"decency" of dress

Just throwing this thought into the mix. What about tribespeople in remote parts of the world that go around nude or nearly nude all of the time? Presumably their children aren't harmed by the daily sight of many breasts and schlongs flapping in the breeze.

But on the other hand, considering just how damn ugly the average modern person's body is, it's probably not a bad idea that we're all conditioned to cover ourselves up.

"decency" of dress

well their society is diffrent too. so thats a bit of a factor. dress in average america is just fine, who's complaining? about what? where?

"decency" of dress

In tribal cultures nudity is a 24/7 thing, not something kids get exposed too now and again, and leads to confusion. Kids need routine, similarity, and above all as hannibal says a gradual learning curve that is smooth and steady.

Back