CV axle problem(s) on 06 Toyota corolla?

Havoc

Mar 26, 2008
I've replaced the driver side CV axle on my 2006 Toyota Corolla about 3 times already. The first time was at 120k and was ripped on the inner boot. The other 2 times it would get a hair line thick hole on the outter boot. I'm currently lowered about 3 inches from stock height and fear this may be causing them to rip. That's just so back ground history on the car.

My problem is I get a annoying ticking sound, almost like a flat tire sound whenever I am in the D (drive) position. It gets somewhat faster and louder and recently got to the point where I wanna replace it. I pulled it out and seen NO cracks or problems with anything bumping into it. I just think I installed it wrong. I believe you had to put transmission fluid on the piece going into the transmission and making use the hex bolt is on tight. I didn't put any fluid and perhaps I maybe damaged the tranny when removing it.

Keep in mind this sound (flat tire kinda sound) only happens when I'm moving above 5mph. I can be at a stop with my foot on the brake and pressing the gas and I get no sound, or if I rev the engine. The second I let the gas go the sound goes away. Could I have damaged the tranny or just not placed the hex bolt correct.

Back