Crossbow information

kaylaz1978

Apr 8, 2008
Whats a good starter crossbow? I mainly want it for target practice and possibly to get rid of some rodents swarming around my backyard, lol. How powerful is a 50 lb 80 lb and 100 lb bow? Is 50 excessivly weak, or is it ok for short range? enlighten me please!

go ahead, meanwhile id like some information on velocity and such. I've shot airsoft and ihav.net guns at 200 fps and it seems really weak, is 200 fps muzzle velocity good for a crossbow? I'm not hunting at long range or anything, but I may pick off some rats in my yard, lol. is the 50 lb crossbow excessivly weak?

My friend has a compound bow and he'll say I copied him :p Plus I would like to try a fairly smaller crossbow, maybe a pistol one. Also, I shoot firearms at the shooting range (i rent though :p ) Anyone want to post who knows something about crossbows?

ssg-uss-16d.jpg

A 50 lb draw will be enough for hunting game all the way up to deer (at close range). Generally 60-70+ is preferred for larger game like deer, especially with a crossbow because you don't have to hold the draw like a standard bow.

Back