Could you greet death with a smile?

susanna

Jun 3, 2008
There is an old saying.."Death smiles at us all, all we can do is smile back"
What do you think it means?
Welcome all answers, never a thumb down...
my opinion...sounds like you had a bad day at Wally world...:)

I take that to mean that we're all going to die, and the only thing we're able to do about it is accept it. Death is indeed a part of life-the part where our consciousness ends.

I read an interesting article today that discussed how people always accept that aging and death are a natural part of life and that no matter what we as humans do, we all eventually end up dead. Interesting to me was the thought that death has descended upon humans like a vicious infectious disease that we are all 100 % infected with, with no known cure. The sad but true part is that death was never meant to be a part of the human experience, but rather it was a punishment for human disobedience, it was meant to be such a heavy deterrent that humans would choose not to go down that path that led there. (Genesis 2:16-17) .*.*.God also laid this command upon the man: “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. 17*But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will positively die..*.*.

It's interesting to note that Adam did die in that day, not the 24 hour human day but within God's 1000 year day Adam was 936 years old when he died, just short of 1000 years old.
(2 Peter 3:8) .*.*.However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.

(Romans 5:12-19) .*.*.That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned.....Nevertheless, death ruled as king from Adam down to Moses...., then, as through one trespass the result to men of all sorts was condemnation, likewise also through one act of justification the result to men of all sorts is a declaring of them righteous for life.
Notice the scripture says "death entered the world through sin" And the sentence that God gave Adam verifies this too:
(Genesis 3:17-19) .*.*.And to Adam he said: “Because you listened to your wife’s voice and took to eating from the tree concerning which I gave you this command, ‘You must not eat from it,’ cursed is the ground on your account......In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.*.*.
So Adam condemed all of us to a life of being born growing old and dying. The thing is, God, like a loving parent, will not allow Adams's condemnation to remain over humanity forever, like human parents do not ground their kids forever, though some kids may beg to differ. The truth is it's only been a week in God's view of time since this all began, and his son has already died while being a perfect man, paying the ransom price that for Adam's sin, so now once God cleanses the earth and makes it a paradise like what Adam had as his home then we will no longer be born growing old and dying, but we will be able to live forever in paradise on earth. Becoming the best "us" that we can be, having nothing but time and good health on our side. See the scriptural evidence at: (Daniel 2:44) .*.*.And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom (this is the kingdom Jesus taught us to pray for; Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on EARTH as in heaven) that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite;

(Revelation 21:3-4) .*.*.With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4*And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.*.*.

(Psalm 37:9-11) .*.*.For evildoers themselves will be cut off, But those hoping in Jehovah are the ones that will possess the earth. ? [Waw] 10*And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more; And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be. 11*But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.*.*.

(Psalm 37:29) .*.*.The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.*.*.

(Psalm 37:34) .*.*.Hope in Jehovah and keep his way, And he will exalt you to take possession of the earth. When the wicked ones are cut off, you will see [it.*.*.

(Proverbs 2:21-22) .*.*.For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. 22*As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it.*.*.

(Matthew 5:5) .*.*.Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.*.*.

I find this fascinating. Just thought I'd share

It basically means that we can't do anything about death. We will all have to face it at one point. Many times it smiles at us, and nearly takes us, but we can escape. (The times when we suffer life-threatening injuries, etc.) But we can only go so long on Earth, and then death will smile back at us one last time, and we have no choice but to smile back, and it takes us.

Practically, there's no point wasting time running away from death... so live, let death be, and when its time to leave... just leave...

I mean... accept death for who ''He'' is... instead of hating Him... He's doing us a favour after all... all we can do, is to accept Him...

Cheers!!!!

Would we get a chance for such niceties? I wonder! And would I recognise it as such, face to face!

All I know is... that when someone smiles at me...I smile right back at them. Even if I don't know them...its an involuntary reflex action!

So Yes, given a chance I would/could...

I think we are all equipped with a will to live. Pardon my frankness, but even suicidal people will fight for their lives if they are threatened. Death is a process. I have seen elderly people who have lived long and productive lives have difficulty disengaging themselves from the known quantity that defines life. There is a fear of the unknown, and of losing control. Many people hang on in spite of all odds to wait to see a loved one for the last time. If you have a friend who works in hospice, have them share with you the amazing things they have seen as their patients exit this world, "smiling back."

I automatically love anyone who doesn't TD. *hugs*

k...
I could...
Death is nothing, so why be afraid?
But I'm a hypocrite?
Because I'd hate dying right now.
Even though I have a headache.
Eeeh, it's human nature.

Idk. idk why I answered this question

I'd like to think I could joke about it at the time. "Me today, you tomorrow". Hasta La Vista. Even good wholesome laughter is not a bad way to go. I know some folks who hire musicians to play their favorite music while dying. It should be a happy time.

it means its coming no matter how many de-ageing products you use, its inevitable.
i greet death with a smile, box of chocolates, and some flowers in an attempt to make it happy with me, were gonna get to know each other for a long time. plus im sick of dealing retards in life(not actual ones, i mean the typical idiot you find in wal-mart) i cant them anymore

Back