connect pc to sony home theater?

sdc04005

Feb 17, 2013
If I connect an hdmi cable from the computer to the HT. my tv is connected to the HT via dvi input. so, I access the HT through the dvi input. then in the HT, I access the hdmi input, will it display my computer display. basically using the tv as another monitor.
The home theater system is a sony blu ray player. it's also wifi compatible so I can access netflix and other programs like that. I have it connected to the tv with the dvi connection because the tv doesn't have an hdmi connection. it's a plasma that's about 7 years old. If the hdmi cable supports video and audio, why can't I connect the computer with the hdmi cable. then in the dvi input on my tv, I access the HT. through the HT, I access the hdmi input and the computer display should come through with video and audio.

Those home theater in a box does not have any video input at all. Your home theater might only have an rca jack for an audio input at the most, it is only a stereo. Your tv only provides you with an optical audio output. It is a digital signal with multi channel sound encoded in Dolby. It has to be connected to a multi channel receiver, home theater in a box with optical audio input or a sound bar only. You connect your home theater in a box to the tv using HDMI cable or component cable and an optical audio cable. Again, the tv has no video output. Hope this will help you out.

Back