Common Problem with 05 Nissan Altima S Auto Transmission?

tweety_24242000

Dec 22, 2012
So I bought this 2005 2.5 Nissan Altima S a few months ago, a major upgrade to my 1998 Altima GXE 5-speed. I was very hesitant because of the automatic transmission, since my first car was obviously a 5-speed and I loved it so much.

So anyway, onto the problem. I noticed that when I accelerate, it shifts rather hard..and lurches a bit. Now, it doesn't always do this, and sometimes it's worse than other times. Now that my state has entered winter with the huge snowstorm we had, I don't notice it quite as much, but it still does it.

So, I finally talked my step-dad into plugging in his computer scanner thing into it, to see if there were any error codes, but since no Service lights came on, I didn't think there would be any, which was the case. No error codes.

So I was just wondering if anyone might have any other ideas on how I can figure this out? Or if it's just something it's going to do, fine. I just want to make sure it's not going to wreck my car.
I forgot to mention, I have almost 80k miles on it, and it had like...75? when I bought it. I had to take it on long drives for my job for a few months, but that's over for the time being. I just want to make sure everything's okay x.x

Back