Colorado guard Spencer Dinwiddie says Buffs are ‘cream’ of the Pac-12

admin

Administrator
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
USATSI_7020546_221257_lowres.jpg

One of the questions posed to Colorado coach Tad Boyle and point guard Spencer Dinwiddie Thursday at Pac-12 media day was whether they see the league shaping up as a bunch of teams playing for second place behind Arizona.
Arizona was picked to win the conference in the annual preseason media poll, followed by UCLA and Colorado.
Tad Boyle chose to defer to Dinwiddie, initially, for the answer.
"I'll probably say what coach Boyle is thinking," Dinwiddie said. "He'll be more politically correct and I'm going to try to be polite as well, but we don't view Arizona as the top, the cream and everybody else and the rest.
"We view ourselves as the cream and everybody else can fight for the rest of the spots. That's how we're going to approach the season, and we're going to try to win all our games."
As Dinwiddie predicted, Boyle did take a more politically correct approach to his answer when his junior point guard had finished.
"Confidence has never been one of Spencer's problems," Boyle said. "To me, it's a wide-open race. ...You go down every team in the league and I don't care who it is, you can make a case for every night being a battle."
Boyle says he likes his team and called Dinwiddie 'one of the premier point guards in the country.' Boyle also cautioned that while the Buffs have four returning starters from an NCAA tournament team, his roster features 10 freshmen and sophomores and that inexperience shows up in practices every day at this stage.
- - -
Want to join the conversation? Follow @YahooDagger on Twitter and @KyleRingo and be sure to "Like" The Dagger on Facebook for basketball conversations and stuff you won't see on the blog.

Back