Citroen c4 coupe, low coolant warning?

sianb

Oct 19, 2008
If the car is low on coolant/water where would the warning come up? On the radio lcd screen or on the display with your milage etc? Would it come with a warning sound or not?

There is a reason behind the question but too long to go into detail

Thanks
About 3 weeks ago I drove my car less than 7 miles then all of a sudden there was a beep and the red stop sign appeared, I noticed when i pulled over that the temp gage was at the top flashing, there was also smoke coming from the engine. I checked the water and it was empty, even though the week before it was fine. I filled it with some water i had and drove it back home, It did the same thing again this time with more smoke. I filled it with more water at home and noticed it leaking. Took it to the garage and the mechanic found that the head gasket had gone! I've only had the car 2 months but the garage i bought it off say the warranty is void as ive caused the head gasket to go by driving with no water.
I had no previous signs that the water was low and as i said the week before it was fine.
The mechanic I took the car to says the fault is due to an internal oil leak which has pushed the water out? The garage wont believe him though.

Back