citroen berlingo remote key programming?

Tina

May 19, 2008
i have a 2000 reg citroen berlingo the remote central locking wont work when i press the button on the key fob the red light works fine but will not lock or unlock the car i have searched up on the internet but my key fob only has one button on it not two as everyone on the internet is says press a and b button. if if us the key to manualy lock or unlock the car that works fine all the doors work fine but i need the remote locking working and helper out there would be great .

ita 2000 year citroen berlingo 1.9 desiel

If you have a remote key with one button on it, then it's not the correct one for your car.
The correct key head for your car is
http://www.bridgat.com/files/citroen_transponder_key.jpg

All you need to do to synchronise the key is to turn the ignition on, and press the large lock button on the key. You can only program new keys with diagnostic equipment.

I have a Citroen C3 and this is how I had to program my key, it may not work for the Berlingo but it is worth a try, I am assuming that the battery in the remote key is OK.
1. Sit in the car with ALL accessories turned off (radio, lights, ETC) make sure that all the doors are shut.
2. Have all the remote keys with you but not on the same key ring, turn on the ignition with the key to be programmed and hold down the lock button on the key for ten seconds, do this for each key holding the lock button for ten seconds.
3. When you have done this to all of the remote keys, remove the last key from the ignition and wait for one minute, DO NOT SWITCH ANYTHING ON inside the car and do not open any doors especially the drivers door.
4. When the minute is up, open and close the drivers door once, now try to use the remote keys to lock and unlock the doors, hopefully they will now be working.
As I said, it worked on my C3, so hopefully it is the same routine for your car.
Good luck.

Back