Christians of religion and spirituality who say ‘read the bible’ to people who

FrouFrou

Jun 13, 2008
ask a question….? ...Why suggest we read the bible when in this day and age we have people who have, do and can read and interpret it and report their interpretations and findings back to us all would we need to read it when they have read it all for us?

Also ,why insist we need to read the bible to understand YOUR beliefs, when in fact talking to you is always going to be much more effective than that , as we get to know your understanding and interpretation?

and lastly
why suggest we read the bible when we already doubt its authenticity?
Engaged idealist…why not?
Are you suggesting that no one can answer the questions on the bible unless the asker of said question has read it themsleves?

That rather defeats the purpose of asking any question do you not agree?
You know Cajun boy
apart from your insults I actually liked your answer

im not lazy dear, I just don’t see what purpose it would serve me reading a book I have no “faith” in its authenticity and claims and have little interest in reading

my interest is people, not religion
if I ask a question, I want answers from the people, not the book, I want to know THEIR thoughts on it
Sacred w, hi there dear, as i recall you sent me hate mail not long ago so its not a shock to me that you have insulted me here

But thanks tho, im sure you feel better now that you are noticed
;-)
Discord71…. I doubt its authenticity because it’s a 2000 year old book written in a VERY different time and with different knowledge and priorities,
because the claims of the religion and the book are highly illogical, improbable, unbelievable and have NO tangible evidence to back them up

Nothing to do with being told, I do have a mind but when someone studys the bible I will take on board their findings
Or are you suggesting that everyone else who studys the bible other than people who believe it are going to somehow be ‘mistaken’ about its contents and meanings?

Back