CHRISTIANS: Does 1 tim 2:11-15 contradict Matthew 7:12 or Luke 6:31?

Novacom

Jan 12, 2012
"Treat others as you would want be treated". Something preached, taught and obeyed by many.

Yet the bible also talks about "knowing your place" and that topic is brought up so much when it comes to the concepts of a women to a man.

That makes the law sound more like, "Treat people as told we should." An that doesn't sound equal at all. or "Treat people as their placed"

Obviously he has a point women did fall but so did the man, realizing what he was getting into, unlike the women who was fooled. To me one isn't better than the other. You both jumped in

Also he says in 1 Tim 2:14 "Nevertheless she will be saved in childbearing"
I don't want to have children, its not worth the trouble. So does that mean I won't go to heaven?
God controls all. An even if Paul was sexiest. Why was it allowed to be remain in the bible? If God now wants it to be ignored?
Also remember that even Jesus put a women or two "in her place" john 2:4; Or when he ignored the women because she wasn't a jew.

1.The teaching that we should treat others as we wish to be treated does not mean that we are exempt from rules of conduct so there is no contradiction.

2.1 Timothy 2:15
"Nevertheless she will be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control", refers to being saved from death.It does not refer to salvation.Having children does not affect your chances of obtaining salvation but not getting married most certainly will if you remain celibate.
Luke 20:34-36
34 Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection". :applause:
3.It is a false assumption to believe that God chose all the words in the Bible."Inspiration" is very different than "directed".Jesus' words are God directed,the other writers were God inspired in most of what they wrote.

god created men with certain roles to do

god created woman with certain roles to fulfill

god did not create men to have children only woman can

there are certain roles each has a part to do in god's plan

god did not create woman to be head of the household

that does not violate treat others as you would want to be treated

1 Timothy was written by Paul. Paul was a sexist bigot whose original job was to go around slaughtering Christians. Jesus believed in equal rights and actually stood up to a woman according to the Bible (let those without sin cast the first stone).

With God we all have our office, whether it be a man or a woman, or a husband or a wife; or a father or a mother; also as a child; or as an employee or an employer.
If we were to question God, then we would not be believing in Him, nor have the fear of God before our eyes. He is God, and we are not; when you become God, then you also can make the rules any way you want, but now it is not so.

Imagine all the teenagers who would love to use the Golden Rule to be able to stay out all night partying? "Hey, Mom! I would let YOU stay out all night and party. Why don't you let me? You're violating Jesus' Golden Rule!"

Mom says, "Okay, I want you to share with me paying all the bills and having to go out to work to put food on the table. Why don't you leave school now and get a job, which will make it easier on me, and then we will be keeping the Golden Rule?"

End of argument.

Women who want to have an authoritative role over men in the Christian Church can easily find a denomination that permits them so to do. Having, or not having children, has absolutely nothing to do with getting into heaven. That bit referred to the simple fact of the day that almost all women of child-bearing age were in danger of death at the point of birth - Christian women had faith that God would save them through delivery.

Back