Christians (and followers of Jesus Christ) Do you love him? Do you want...

Youcan'trunforevert

Sep 23, 2010
...to remain is his love? First off, I'm an atheist, but I have this little question for you..
Don't you agree that Jesus is the only way to heaven?
"Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6)

And that the way to get to the father through Jesus is to follow Jesus' commandments?
"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.
If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love" (John 15:9-10)

now, why do you still own a computer? Jesus clearly says that in order to inherit eternal life, you have to:
1- keep the commandments
2- sell everything you have and give to the poor,
and then follow Jesus (be faithful to his teachings)
"18 A certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
19 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. 20 You know the commandments: ‘You shall not commit adultery, you shall not murder, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.”
21 “All these I have kept since I was a boy,” he said.
22 When Jesus heard this, he said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
23 When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was very wealthy. 24 Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! 25 Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”
(Luke 18:18-25) (also in Mark 10:17-25)

So if you want to remain in Jesus' love and inherit eternal life, why don't you follow his commandments?
@ ricardo
1. So? if I'm a person, I can't ask qustions about cats?
2. no, thanks I'm pretty much loved, but thanks of the ad hominem attack anyway.
3. cop out, and masterfully done, might I add.
Isn't the bible god's given way for us to undertand him?
4. that is what Jesus said, but if you don't accept the bible, how do you know what Jesus said?
5. see 1
@cork
and you know diddle about the bible, do you?
then tell me why I'm wrong.

@Kramba
"Why do you spend so much time and effort arguing about whether we are doing God's will or not, if you don't believe in Him anyway?"
1- Christianity affects many aspects of my life through people I know.
2- I'm doing your brain a favor, making you think a little for a change.

@Mj
I gave you biblical references, so everything I quoted, I quoted from the mouth of Jesus himself.
You give me your opinion, and contradicting what jesus said, see the true vain parable.
and if you wanna play the "out of context" card, even though I mentioned the entire biblical event, you might at least suggest a better context?
@Seeker of Jehovah
"no jesus never said we had to sell every thing and give it to the poor

jesus told that one rich man he never told all his followers to do that
you are misrepresenting scripture"
Am I?
good, so when Jesus told his disciples "love one another", it was just for the disciples, not for us?
or when he told them in the last supper "Do This in remembrance of Me" (Luke 22:19) it was just for the deciples, not for us, right?

Back