Chevrolet 1983 Trans Am with 350 Chevy motor. Bored 30 over, 270 Cam,

micah

Jul 24, 2008
600 holley carburetor, ? What kind of upgrades could I apply to this car? And how much more horsepower could I get out of this particular engine and car model? Without any hefty investments like a new engine or superchargers or turbochargers. And is the price 3500 a good buying price/deal? Im about to possibly buy this car. So I need to as much as I can learn. Also how much would it cost to upgrade to a 60 bore? And how much horsepower does the 30 and 60 bores add to the total horsepower itself? Thank you for any help given.
Sorry. For the title its also got a turbo 350 transmission

You forgot to mention the heads you are using and compression ratio. A nitrous oxide set up is the best bang for the buck!

Um. . .you really don't even know what you are asking. "upgrade to a 60 bore?" LOL Not a car for your knowledge level and not enough time or space to teach you. upgrades? Oh Brother!!

If the engine is not worn out, boring it .030 or .060 will only increase the size to 352 or 355 for a gain of maybe 5 to 7 hp. Boring is usually only done to repair worn cylinder walls except on very high dollar race cars. I would recommend a good set of aluminum heads or cast iron Vortecs if aluminum is out of the budget. Really, a good crate 350 or 383 would be your best bet as far as bang for the buck.

Back