change my IP now i don't have internet?

DA

Jul 5, 2008
like the tittle says i changed my IP address now i cant connect to the internet,
P.S: i'm writing from a friends computer

I assume you know where you changed it, go back there and change it to Obtain the IP address automatically and it should work.

What did you do? The description is not helpful.

Do you have a router?

If you have a router what did you change, the private or the public IP address?

If you changed the private address this was foolish, go back to obtaining IP address automatically.

If you changed the public address, this was even more foolish, go back to the static IP the ISP gave you or to the dynamic you should have.

If you have no router, follow the same directions for public address on router.

If you have no idea what you are doing, don't play with things. Clearly you have at best a very limited idea of what you are doing.

What did you do? The description is not helpful.

Do you have a router?

If you have a router what did you change, the private or the public IP address?

If you changed the private address this was foolish, go back to obtaining IP address automatically.

If you changed the public address, this was even more foolish, go back to the static IP the ISP gave you or to the dynamic you should have.

If you have no router, follow the same directions for public address on router.

If you have no idea what you are doing, don't play with things. Clearly you have at best a very limited idea of what you are doing.

like the tittle says i changed my IP address now i cant connect to the internet,
P.S: i'm writing from a friends computer

Hi here i list out the steps to be followed to change your ip address ...They are
1.Go to start--->run--->type cmd
2.Type ipconfig /release
3.Type ipconfig /renew
After doing this sure your ip will change and your internet will work ..To check that whether your ip is changed or not visit sites like Ip-Details.com here they will display your network ip address ..As one of the friend specified once your ip is changed successfully sure internet will work ..Else inform about this problem to your ISP ...

Back