CD/DVD Drive help!! for dell inspiron 1525?

Pumped

Sep 10, 2009
hi im running windowd vista home basic on my dell inspiron 1525 and recently my TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA Device CD/DVD drive has stopped working, the light does not come on and the drive will not eject, when i go into setting it says 'the device is working properly' and when i try to download a newer driver it says that i am running the latest driver. dell have not been able to help me. what is wrong and how can i fix it plz help i will answer your questions if you answer mine. i always make cd's and watch dvds on my computer and all of a sudden i cant :( i really want it working again please help

go into your hardware manager and disable it...
reboot.
re-enable it.

that could make it work also try to scan for new hardware after disabling it and let it find it and re-enable it.

in fact ill try to PM you and see if i can be of further assistance ur PM's are disabled..

have you tried to boot into safe mode and see if it works there?

you can also click my name and then IM me and i'll try to help you come up with a solution.

shit, my bad take the .enet off the IM name

I think you should insist that Dell help you. Unless of course your warranty is up. In which case, order a new drive and replace it. It's a matter of a couple of screws.

You do know about putting a paper clip into the drive reset button and you can drag it open, right?

Back