car buying pros and cons

Yeah I got the Breakdown thingy free of charge but I never got a warantee, they gave me a warranty instead... Did I miss out on something..?

I really want an Alfa Romeo and nearly took one for a test drive last time, it was beautiful, but my bf kept reminding me of their reputation for breaking down.

I would still love one

I test drove my mates Toyota MR-something or other.

When I say test drove I meant I found his keys and took his car round the corner so when he returned to where he thought he parked his car...

Anyway, now might not be a good time to buy cars if you're cash strapped. There was a piece on the news the other night and it seems that fuel prices can hit as high as £1.20+ a litre...

oh im still going to buy a car!! can't live without it heheeh. well a bus fare is £1.50 for a single to get to work so really it's cheaper having a car, and then going to training in the evening and teaching training and going to other work and then up to squad and up to comps...ah i love my car. im going to miss it so much...
roll on the new car...going to the renault garage in half hour wooo!

What about a nice pedal bike? You'll get fitter and save the planet at the same time!

It's the gift that keeps on giving...

Be careful of the salesmen, you may come out with a £18k Clio sport I only took my car in for a service and nearly came out with one as the salesman told me I looked nice sat in it

The average car loses well over a thousand pounds the second you drive it off the lot. You could also buy pre-registered, which means it has a few miles on the clock because it was driven around a bit rather than on a truck before it was registered. Knocks some of the price but it's virtually new.

As mentioned on the first page, Hondas = win for reliability and value.

uh gutted, the clio at 7500 is with a minimum of 35% deposit and i can't afford that.
let's see about this fiesta...

yeh i agree, bikes are cheap, good for the environment and good for your health. but it means i have to get up earlier in the morning (sleep is something i need a lot of at the moment) and have a shower at work/change of clothes...bit of a pain and dont mention the rain...
whats the point of speding loads of money and effort on driving lessons eh!! and not counting the 5 driving tests...hehe would be funny seeing me going up cookmere hill with a load of pads on my back!

im fed up! i got way to much choice and budget, which is making my search really wide and difficult!!! i just want a car to fall out of the sky for me.
can i put a thread saying car near eastbourne wanted??

You'll probably have more luck if you put an ad in the local autotrader or papers or something.

They're saying that German cars win and that you should get one (for the win). Martial Dad is agreeing by his quoted for truth!

Wooooooooo webspeak...

Anyway, have you narrowed it down yet? A top 5 maybe?

Most of the garages use it. The search fields are great for pinpointing a particular model or whole bunch of them.

German cars, can't beat them.

i know but i have a big pile of newspapers, auto this, auto thatm mart this...im going crazy! i have too much money.
my dad made it easy and narrowed it down to two choices which were unsuccessful.

i would like either: ford fiesta (new model), Corsa, 206, clio or if its a good deal, maybe a micra or new punto.

im thinking im gona narrow down my money so i'll say no more than 5k, then some good deals have been an 05 around 30k miles for that price which is great. if im willing to go private mostly.

then you get some older cars with much less mileage which are tempting.

quite frankly i was enjoying this, now i've just had enough and want to buy fast...

i finally bought a car.............peugeot 206 (my favourite!) 04 plate, 14k miles, 1.4, quicksilver model (its silver) 3drs and it has digital air con thingy and cd player and all the usual trimmings!!!! at last!!
dont ruin my happiness by telling me they are crap cars, my dad had his for 4 yrs and nothing wrong so far.
they did me a price of 5k either bank loan or car finance waiting for bank to get back to me.
i get 1 yr warranty, 1 yr aa cover and all the usual other stuff mot and service etc.....

Back