Car Audio Amps! Help?

Cristian

Jul 11, 2008
I would like to get two 12' subs, and I'm guessing I will need to replace the door speakers, so add 4 speakers to that list. My car is a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, I hope two twelves will be ideal if not let me know. But anyway, I have no idea what kind of amp to get for all this. Some people say I can screw myself over if I don't get an amp with enough channels? I don't know what that means! Any help will be greatly appreciated!

And please don't say like "get a Kenwood!" I know brands, be specific please.

Multiple amps is a hassle for some one starting out. You need a 5-Channel amplifier which is just two amps into one mostly a class a/b for the speakers and a class d for the sub, lots of companies these days make them and are perfect for the application that you describing except for you will have to either wire your subs in parallel or series to be able to run on the 5th channel of the amplifier. It is much easier than you think. Depending on what speakers and subs you want to get i recommend infinity kappa series, kicker zx series, jl audio (but they are very pricey) Crunch amps which is made by maxxionics, mb quart, hifonics, alphasonik which is one of my favorite company has a nice one out right now, all these companies make very good quality equipment it just all depends on your budget and how many watts your looking for if you have anymore questions i would be happy to help.

If your going to run 4 speakers a four channel would be best.Make sure you match up rms on amp with speakers.Now on subs if your getting competition subs a class d would be the way to go.Make sure your amp can handle the ohm load and is strong enough for subs.If there not comp subs a 2 channel would be fine.

Back