Car Amp is Causing Rattleing noises?

CheekyDMC

Jul 1, 2009
ok, i have a vauxhall astra sport, iv just installed a Sony 4000watt amp with a JLB 2000watt subwoofer and a JLB 500watt subwoofer, plus iv upgraded the car door speakers to 2 600watt BOSS speakers (Rear Doors) and 2 700watt JLB speakers (front doors), my head unit is a BOSS system with more sub and RCA connections than iv ever seen on a head unit before, but its powerful. 4x 80watts. and i can still hook up 4 more subs if i wanted!!

anyway, before i took out the standard headunit and factory speakers, there was still a rattling noise in the front passanger door when the volume was turned upto just 9 (this was with just the radio on) when installing the new speakers, upon taking off the door cards i noticed that the plastic membrain on the inside of the door was ripped, so i used ducktape to fix that, and it works a treat. however....

now iv installed a full new sound system, i cant get the benefit out of it as there is still rattling nosies coming from the back doors, side panels (where seat belts come out) front drivers door and the roof?? my new headunit has a max volume of 48 - this rattling starts when its turned upto just 7.

everything has been installed correctly, all wired up correctly, my subs though i do not have them in sub enclosures, i just have them turned upside down on the boot floor with the amp in the middle. i doubt this will be the cause, as if they were in sub boxes, this would create even more deep bass and vibrations. this is why i have avoided this till i get the rattling sorted out.

can anyone tell me, have they ever had this problem, if so, how did you fix it??

P.S my bass levels are not up full, i know alot of you would say this so i thought id point that out. its driving me crazy i spent over £2.000 on this system and i cant use it to its potential.

any help?

Back