Can't find "Restrictions" on the iPad 2?

mansoor_bashir

Jun 10, 2012
My grandmother has an iPad 2 so she could skype the family from time to time. It was sent by my uncle who lives abroad through his in-laws. When we got it there were at least 40 apps in there that we couldn't even access because it was associated with the someone from the in-law's account. I tried deleting them but the "wiggle" method didn't work. I hold the finger down and nothing happens. I thought maybe something was wrong with my technique but when i double tap the button and the "task manager" shows up, holding them down makes the wiggle happen. I Google'd it and people said restarting helps, It didn't. Then someone told me to update. I updated it from iOs 4.3 to 5.1 just yesterday and tried again. The apps were all gone but the primary issue remained. I then found through another Google search that accessing "Restrictions" in the "General" tab in "Settings" and changing the ability to delete apps will fix that only to discover that "Restrictions" wasn't in there to begin with. I tried it before with iOs 4 and it was the same then too. Now i'm frustrated. How am i suppose to access restrictions when i can't even see it?

I'm having the exact same problem with and iPhone 4, an with my new iPhone 5. So it's obviously restoring it with some iTunes settings. I can't find any help so I'm going to take it to the apple store tomorrow will repost on here

Back