Can my cell phone still be saved after dropping it in water?

kate19201

May 21, 2013
I dropped my cell phone in the toilet. I feel so stupid. I was trying to put it on the counter and it slipped out of my hand before I even got there and dropped in the toilet. I grabbed it out of there right away. There wasn't a lot of water in the toilet it sat in for a few seconds. I tried to get the water out of the phone to save it. It was ok then screen went black assuming bye bye phone :( I am still trying to save it. However, it is an HTC Rhyme. You cannot take the battery out. It is protected and built in battery. I used the blow dryer to dry the phone and that helped shake all the water out. Then I went to put it in a box of rice over night now. That was after 30 minutes of trying to figure out what to do here. I do see the power button works it lights up when you try to power on the phone, but still a black screen. Could it be possible if it dries out more it can work later? My insurance deductible fee increased by my cell phone service. They changed it a few years back and I just don't want to pay that much for a deductible. It used to be $50 now it's $150.

Odds of your being able to revive you phone are about 50/50.

I know it's happened before but I don't know all the details.

They do recommend that you don't turn the phone on until you're sure that it's completely dry inside.

Best of luck

Back