Can I use my Philips Home Theater Speakers in Sony Blu-Ray Player ?

jony_nsu022

Nov 16, 2011
I Have Philips Home Theater with DVD player and 5 Speakers. I want to use those speaker in Sony Blu-Ray player and connect to Sony EX420 LED TV........

No.

Your Phillips Home Theater is a DVD player with cheap attached speakers.

It might have left/right analog inputs for a MP3 player - but that is about it.

These $199 units are NOT a real AV receiver. You cannot hook a BluRay player to it and get 5.1. You cannot hook a game system and get 5.1. You cannot hook a Cable or Sat box to it and get 5.1.

You cannot re-use the speakers on other gear because they are usually 3-4 ohms (to create inflated power numbers) and will destroy decent gear.

These systems only play DVD's on the included player. When one part breaks - you toss the whole thing.

(Sorry - but this is the truth about these cheap all-in-one units. You give up a lot for the low price.)

Blu ray disc player does not have any power amplifier to drive any speakers at all, that is why they call it player. Your tv also does not have any speaker terminals for you to connect a speaker to. Hope this will help you out.

Connect HDMI from Blu-ray player to TV for video then optical cable from Blu-ray player to Home Theater System for audio.

Just as long that you have the right inputs you should be fine, matching all Sony will give you 1 remote to control everything

Back