can I bake one big cookie from a funfetti cookie recipe?

mmmmmmmm

May 2, 2008
http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/funfetti-cookies/3bd6c62e-7f45-46e9-8067-e72cf500c45c/

I made these cookies a few weeks ago, and they tasted amazing! Anyway, my brother is having a "food" themed birthday party, (just what every 11 year old boy loves-FOOD!) We're making popcorn cupcakes, hamburger cupcakes, and cookie french fries. We're planning on making a pizza cake, but every recipe I find uses a 9 inch round cake pan and they look really unrealistic and too thick. I was wondering if I could use the recipe for the funfetti cookies and just make a big pizza-sized cookie to make the crust (using yellow cake mix)

Do you think that this would bake right? Or would it get all crispy on the edges and not done in the middle? I can always experiment (you don't know til you try, you know) but if anyone has ever tried this before or has more knowledge about this than I do, it would be great not to have to waste cake mix and money and time on something that someone else has already figured out won't work.

Thanks!

Yes you can. Keep the cookie in the center of the oven and turn it once at the half way point. It will probably take 20 - 30 minutes to cook all the way. Turn on your oven light and keep a close eye on it so it doesn't get to brown.

Have fun!

EDIT: Pan cookies are usually a little darker on the edges. Make certain the center is done all the way. You could cover the edges with foil after 15 minutes or so if you are concerned about the browning. I happen to love cookies a little brown.

Back