Can anyone name this book? It's about a bunch of kids on an alien planet after Earth

LindaC

May 18, 2008
was destroyed.? It's just really bugging me not knowing the name, especially because I can remember the book itself pretty well. Okay, so the main character is a teenage girl called, I believe, Sharon. She has a meek twin sister called Del or Deb. They were part of a group of children whose scientist parents put in a spaceship and sent off shortly before Earth was bombed to hell. They crash landed on an alien planet inhabited by large humanoids with golden skin. They're not allowed to leave the main compound because it's dangerous outside, and the first boy who does so, Ben, gets his head smashed in. The protagonist and her love interest Finn eventually do so too, and it turns out the alien species who had been sheltering them were the bad guys, because they'd tried to cut themselves off from their... spirits, or something. Oh, and Sharon has a dove tattoo on her neck that means she's taken a vow of pacifism. Please somebody tell me this sounds familiar, it's really bugging me and Google and Amazon are no help.

Back