Can any action be taken against a careless driver if a wreck did not occur?

BashfulBondageBunny

Feb 22, 2010
I'm still freaking out. I'm driving down the road at 40mph when a car coming out of a parking lot runs right in front of me! I saw them ahead, sitting in the driveway waiting for their chance, and when i get about 50ft away they start rolling out into the street, looking like they were aiming for the turn lane. I would have tboned that idiot's drivers side wheel! I had to swerve into the turn lane and missed side swiping the front of their vehicle with my passenger side by a hair! This person just tried to trash my 66 chevy show car!!! These old cars are really hard and chances are they'd be crushed and leaving the scene in a wrecker not me... But gawd!! I'm still shaken and thoughts keep racing through my head about what could have happened. What can you do about people like this? I'm not trying to get money, just any action that would make them get their head out of their butt!!
and get this, after this happened they reverse across the 2 lanes back into the parking lot.
I wanted to turn around and follow them untill they stopped somewhere so i could ask them what the hell they were doing but then i'd be the one in trouble for stalking!!!

Back