Can a mother's hormones or nutrition effect the sex of the child?

justme1

May 20, 2008
We all know that the sperm determines the child's sex, but does the egg or the mother's hormones effect which sperm gets into the egg?

I am not very sure on that one, but i do know that you can help determine the sex of the baby on when you have sex around your ovulation. Like the closer to ovulation you are when you have sex the more likely you are to have a boy bc of the acidity of the vagina so maybe to an extent..

That is a very interesting question!! The sites I found suggested that the mother's diet might play a role in determining which sperm gets selected or is successful.

No it does not. Its all upto the sperms. There are male and female sperms. Female sperms last longer and if are around when you ovulate, you would have a female baby. Having sex close to the ovulation time gives male sperms a more fighting chance to impregnate the eggs.

I am not very sure on that one, but i do know that you can help determine the sex of the baby on when you have sex around your ovulation. Like the closer to ovulation you are when you have sex the more likely you are to have a boy bc of the acidity of the vagina so maybe to an extent..

Back