Broken spark plug stuck in a 99 kia sephia.?

chuckj

Aug 16, 2008
I was trying to change plugs on my 99 kia sephia sedan when the bottom half of the spark plug broke off inside the head. Not the porcelain part, but the bottom steel threads (about 6 or 8 threads) snapped and are stuck inside the head. I've tried penetrating oil and 2 different of "easy outs" but it won't budge. I let it soak overnight in pb blaster but the darn thing won't budge! I tried 2 different kinds of easy outs, one with multiple threads and one with just one twist thread to it. I REALLY don't want to have to take the head off to get it out, any ideas!?. The idiot that changed them last if ever, didn't put never seize on the threads.
and how do i drill it out without dropping shavings inside the engine!? and u should always use never seize when putting steel (espicaly heated) in alluminum threads.

your pretty much fuked but you can drill it in its just gonna b e bitch trying to get the treads out and as long as you change them accordingly and on time you should never need "never seize" maybe you tighten them instead of loosen it but anyways try to drill it out or if you have acces to a soldering machine solder a bolt to it then just unbolt it using the bolt this will work

Back