Bootmgr is compressed ctrl alt del to restart error for a partitioned hard

VarinderDhesi

Nov 16, 2011
drive... Please HELP? I have been searching everywhere and I can not fix this problem. I compressed my hard drive to save space on my computer because the hard drive has not got much space on it but I forgot that the boot files are also on the hard drive and now when I boot my computer up I get the error bootmgr is compressed ctrl alt del to restart and when I press ctrl alt del the computer restarts and it outputs the same message, I know i have heard about booting up from a windows xp, vista or 7 disk and fixing this but the problem is I can not boot from my windows 7 disk because my hard drive is partitioned and every time i try to reboot from a disk it just fails. I have also tried to reboot from one of them recovery disks but this fails to, I have replaced the dvd/cd drive with a new one but the computer still won't boot from the dvd because it has a partitioned hard drive.

So the problem is the hard drive is partitioned and compressed? and how do I fix it?
Thanks for the help.
the bios setting are fine in bios the computer is set to check the boot from a cd or dvd first so it is not that.
and I can not boot from a disk so don't even talk about the os disk, read the question before answering.

Back