Blueray to tv with RCA cables?

Kevin

May 12, 2008
I have a question I'm hoping someone can help me out with. I have a tv on the wall with the RCA cables going through the wall. Not possible to take them out. I bought a Blueray player (receiver) and want to hook it up to the tv via hdmi cable for sound and visuale. How can I make this work? Are there adaptors or converters I can purchase? A side note. I have a regular DVD player (receiver) hooked up to the tv now and I'm happy with it. We just bought a google tv and want it to work with our surround sound. Our thought is that we need wifi compatibility (witch is only available with Blueray) to make the souround sound work. Is this a true? Thank you anybody in advance!

You need to connect an HDMI cable from the Blu Ray disc player to the tv. Those home theater in a box are not a very good system. They are not flexible for adding anything to them or for up grading. They are mainly designed for you to watch a movie with the built in DVD or Blu Ray with surround sound. Your tv only has an optical audio port for audio output. If your system has an optical input, then connect an optical audio cable from the tv to the home theater. This will give you sound coming from the tv. Keep in mind that not all tv program have surround sound. Hope this will help you out.

Back