Between the Scion tC and Mazda 3, which is better?

Weston

Sep 2, 2008
I'm looking into buying a car, with a baby on the way, only one. Mileage and good ride quality are musts, and comfort for driver as well, we travel 200+ mile trips at least every 1-2 months. Which car would be better? Every review has put them pretty equally. Also, I am looking at resale value, maintenance cost, and basically anything else that could make me want one over the other.

If you are going for a new car - I would suggest a 2010 Mazda 3. They are brand new and have LOADS of goodies. Something you definitely wont get in a scion tC.

That being said - you're right - both cars are great, reliable, fun to drive cars. It would be tough to make a decision. However, the tC is a two door. That is automatically a big negative in the "Kid" compartment. Try getting a baby seat in/out of a two door and you'll instantly discover your mistake.

Stick with the 4doors when you're dealing with children. It makes your life and their life easier. And since both cars are nop-notch - this should be a no brainer.

Back