Best pellet gun for squirrel hunting?

carolinafan004

Jul 24, 2008
I am looking for pellet gun to shoot mostly squirrels in the yard and around friend's houses. I need it to be under $250 and NO more. I would love it to have a GOOD scope also, not anything that they throw in to make it look good. I will also like to upgrade it to other small game and large pests if I ever want to. I would like it to be around 850 fps or more.
This is one that I really like and is a good example....
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_82877?cmCat=CROSSSELL&cmid=PP_P1_2
RevOcelotX or whatever the frick your name is... I'm sorry dude.... but I can't help it that I'm only 15 and I grew up in a home that wouldn't let me do anything like that. Now I'm living with my dad, who actually will. I'm planning on stepping up to big game within the next 3 years hopefully. That's when I can buy my first actual gun for myself. So, don't go around criticizing people when you don't know anything about em.
By the way... I've been looking at that Big Cat 1200, and I'm pretty impressed with it. What do you think about the scope? Is it a real good one, or should I try to upgrade it?
I think I figured out what I'm planning on doing. Tell me what you think about this. I will get a BigCat 1200 to practice shooting squirrels and large pests and stuff. Then, I will get my licenses to hunt small game and ducks when I turn 16. I will then get the Gamo Whisper to shoot ducks and other birds. Then, I will get a license to hunt large game at 17 and buy the Gamo Hunter Extreme and take down larger game, but not all out deer and boar and everything, but what I can. Finally, when I turn 18, I will get an actual rifle and start taking down deer and anything I want, as long as I have the licenses. I will then have the guns also to take down large pests, birds and ducks, and large game.

Back