aux cable adapter? Car audio?

scott

May 13, 2008
I have a head unit stereo that doesn't have an AUX port on it, given it's a few years old, yet in good condition.

I see many of my friends, they use their AUX port on the front to play their mp3 players through their car. I have also seen some of my friends have a coord running behind the head unit and through the dashboard, which is the audio cable to hook an Mp3 player to.

Is there some type of special cord that can hook to headunits that don't have AUX adapters to allow for mp3 players to be played through the head unit?

i have seen a couple kits you can buy that plug into your radio antenna and it has an aux input jack. i do not know how well these work because I've never used them, i always got stereo's that had aux input in them for simplicities sake.
here is a link to one of those kits :http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-FM-MOD02-Universal-Modulator-Satellite/dp/B001QBG614
but as i said earlier i have no idea how to install it or how well it works. i would just buy a new stereo with an aux input if you want one.

my honda does. if your radio has an aux button then u can buy a special adapter to run an MP3 player thru the back where the NAV or XM radio would go thru.
otherwise get a new radio. Those FM transmitters suck

Back