Atheists: Do you believe that you truly understand what it means to have a

mmmmmmmmm14

Aug 7, 2009
personal relationship with Christ? I'm not asking if you believe in God, or if you believe in Jesus, or what you think of Christian religions, or Christians in general. (I apologize if that sounds pushy or what not; it's not meant to be. I'm just trying to clear on what the question is really asking.)

The question means exactly what it says: Do you believe that you truly understand what it means to have a personal relationship with Christ? If so, please describe what it really means.

If you really feel that you have personal relationship with Jesus than your hallucinating. People with schizophrenia or bipolar disorder may experience hallucinations of this kind.

To put all your trust into to god with out question, or doubt, not saying that you can stray away from the path to god, but yes, and to love him him .. my mind is drawing a blank right now but its like ever lasting love? there is a word for it ..cant remember

There are times when I am having a difficult time having a relationship with any one of the following:
My husband
My children
My parents
My brothers and sisters
and
My co-workers.

If I would base any relationship that I've had with actual people and compare it with a relationship with Jesus, how could I possibly make an accurate assessment considering much of my failures? I suck at relationships, that's what I know.

You can't have a personal relationship with a man who may have lived and died 2000 years ago. You can't have a personal relationship with someone who never speaks to you.

If you think otherwise then you need to see a psychiatrist.

I'm an atheist, why do I care?

I'll be serious, you are devout in your beliefs and believe that by following a set of religious commandments written by a nomadic people over two millennia ago, you can achieve salvation and eternal happiness.

Everyone's "relationship" with the dead prophet is perceived differently. You could just as well ask any other Christian the same thing because they will never know what YOUR relationship with your imaginary dead guy is like. I used to be a Christian and my "relationship" with Christ felt just like talking to myself when I prayed. Nothing 'clicked' or changed, it was all just however I perceived it. Christians have told me I was never truly a Christian since I am now an atheist because according to the bible, god doesn't let people stop believing in him. But by definition, a relationship must involve multiple parties so in reality, no one has a relationship with christ.

It means you are hearing voices between your ears, there's no evidence other that anything else is occurring.
That's what it means!

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO HAVE A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST JESUS YOURSELF? IF SO YOU WOULD NOT BE BASHING OTHERS.. CHRIST DIDN'T.

POOR EXAMPLE.. PHARISEE.

It means absolutely nothing.

Prove, empirically, that you have a relationship with christ. you may think you do in your mind. but really prove to yourself that you have anything other than a 100% one sided relationship.

please post the results of that proof in the details of this question. i will be back to check on your progress.

As a former born-again Christian, I know *exactly* what it means to think that you have some sort of personal relationship with a supernatural being.

Back