ASUS G60JX vs Mac Book Pro 13'' (2011)?

GiancarloS1

Mar 8, 2011
hello everyone! i have an issue that i can solve by myself. you see, i have been with no Laptop for the pass 9 month ( i do own a netbook for school though) and i decided that its the time to get a laptop.
Now, the mac book pro 2011 just came out, and it has some really cool features that charm us, i know.
However, i am kinda "gaming dude" (i love playing DotA, Dota2(soon), left4dead2, half life2, call of duty).and i thought that the mac book pro would be a good deal since it is fast and lighter. However, i read in some websites that mac book pros are not good for gaming tho, the ASUS G60JX, which is waaaaaaaaay cheaper, does have a good video card that allows me to play almost any game (my uncle had it before and i loved it), but it has the overheating issue. ( i was thinking to get a laptop cooler tho, since is cheaper i can afford one)... i am very confused and unsecured. i want to make my money worh it, so which one would be better for me, i probable wont be playing to much since i am at school, but i do play games like the ones mentioned before. I also want a powerful computer, no lag or any other thing whatsoever.
Here are both computer's specifications:

Asus G60JX:
Intel Core I5-430M (2.26 GHz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M Graphics Processor with 1GB DDR5
Windows 7 Premium 64 Bit
RAM: 4 GB
Hard Drive
Size: 500 GB; 7200 rpm

Mac Book Pro 13'' (2011) the new one!!
2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM; supports up to 8GB
320GB Serial ATA; 5400 rpm

any help or opinion would be appreciated ! thank you!

Back