Are all chihuahuas nervous/anxious and scared of people and biters and barkers?

TheBichon

Apr 21, 2010
My friend told me that they are. She says she's never met a nice one.
So is this true? Have you known any to not be scared of people and defensive/protective and barking and not letting you come near their owner?

No. One of my boyfriend's family's pets is a chihuahua. While he does have a tendency to bark and be protective, he can also be quite loving. He likes for people to pet and cuddle him, he just has to warm up to them first.

He's not very good with children though. From what I've seen, chihuahuas have little patience for constantly being pulled on, poked, etc. All things that children love to do to animals.

Little dogs if socialized at a young age are alot less nervous. Alot of little dogs are also mistreated unintentionally by dressing them up to look cute, and sometimes when they get defensive the owners even feed into the dog's bad habits thinking it is cute. Like any dog, they prefer a specific person in the family, but you have to reinforce the dog is at the bottom of the pack. As long as the dog is trained where it's proper place is in your "pack" there shouldn't be a problem. If you're considering one as a pet, you should also do some research. Get a good breeder who knows how to properly socialize the dog at the proper age while with it's mother. They also have significant health problems.

Hi from France

Most very small dogs do that ! Probably it's because they are small and they need / try to have a big power around them ... Inferiority complex ? ... !o! ...

Have a nice day,

Cat. ( no no, I'm not a true cat ...

Back