Are Acura TL Type S good first cars?

TheRealCP1341

Oct 11, 2010
Price isn't necessarrily a factor ($150000-$25000 price range) and I want a sporty car. Insurance is the big thing with my parents. I know i want a 4 door car. Im looking at the 2007 Acura TL Type S and the 2008 Model. I need an automatic car. The cars i were looking at (Lexus IS300 and Lancer Evo) are in the top 10 list of cars with higher insurance. the Type S isn't in that list though. I refuse to get a honda civic (im asian so id be accused of having a ricer) and I only want luxury named cars. Im also looking at BMW's and Infinitis but more at BMW. I have a choice of either an Acura TL Type S or BMW 3 Series. Which car has the higher insurance and which is a better starter car?

Well an Acura is just a Honda and a Lexus a Toyota so it looks like a BMW for you - which are junk. Want the best car in your range? Quit worrying about what other people think and get a new Camry. It's a no brainer.

Although the TL-S is a fine car, it is the only front wheel drive model of the ones you mention. It has plenty of power but also has FWD handling characteristics, meaning under steer when pushed. RWD cars usually have some understeer built in too for safety reasons, but it will be more prominent in the TL. The 3 series is a good driver's car but the model you are looking at is probably a bit lower in power and interior space compared to the TL.

Back