Anybody got a bomb ass sweet and sour chicken recipe?

Robert

May 16, 2008
There's this local chinese fast food restaurant called china express and they make this dish that either goes by the name "orange chicken", "sweet and sour chicken", or "spicy chicken". I've seen seeds in it which implies there's some kind of pepper action going on in there, but for the most part it's not a spicy dish. Theirs is better than panda express and other large chain chinese fast food restaurants and I'd really like to get something comparable to it. Maybe something even better!

I have experience with making dishes similar to it (battering chicken and frying it, with either flour and egg or more of like a... batter-y batter?) but the only sweet and sour sauce recipe that I have is a ketchup based one which doesn't have the same taste. It's still good, but I'm craving something different. I've seen recipes that include pineapple but I haven't made them yet, I'm not sure if that's what I'm looking for. Recipes that have orange juice or orange flavoring in them aren't really what I'm looking for. So anyway, I'd love to hear if anyone has a good recipe for a sweet and sour sauce that goes well with fried chicken!

Back