Any inventive cooks got new ideas please?

trishs

Oct 11, 2008
We had roast chicken last night and loads left over. I would like to do something a little different with the leftovers. I've done the curry thing too many times and cold with chips or baked spuds. I would like to make something which my husband is not expecting. Any suggestions please people.

My upbringing, as with most contemporary Americans, left me with absolutely no cooking skills, and no confidence in the kitchen. After feeling too long I was missing out on something, I set out to learn to cook and build my confidence around 5 years ago. I found C.I. invaluable in the beginning, like each issue came with a pair of training wheels, pads, and a helmet. I believe it took me as far as it could in a year, which was probably about halfway towards my goal. It was only after that year I began to feel confident and experiment more, or follow other much less thorough recipes (which many foreign cookbooks or older cookbooks are full of, those 4 sentence recipes that assume you already know how to cook) with verve.

I canceled my subscription to the magazine then, but still subscribe to the website and find it to be a unique and useful quick reference if I'm about to buy a tool or appliance, or just can't remember a certain fool-proof technique

Back