Annoying Ford Focus Audio Problem?

AnswerGuru21

Mar 11, 2012
I have recently purchased a 2010 Ford Focus SE with Premium Sound. It is a great car, however I have been having some difficulties with the sound system. When listening to the radio, the sound starts clear and as loud as I set it, but will randomly drop/get softer and sound less clear for no apparent reason (like the volume and treble dropped). I have made sure that the Speed Compensated Volume is turned off, yet the problem still persists. Also, some local radio stations will come in fuzzy at times, when I know they come in clearly in other vehicles. The problem does not present itself when I listen to my ipod via the AUX cable. What could this be? I have tried adjusting the Speed Compensated Volume several times at various levels and turning it off again to see if it will reset itself, and have also disconnected the battery for 5 minutes to see if the radio would reset. However, neither of these worked. What could this be? Error with the Speed Compensated Volume or other radio knob? Antennae problem? Please help!

Back