Am I too young to be thinking about this?

Lindsay

May 16, 2008
I'm in 7th grade, I take drivers Ed in the second semester of 9th grade or the first semester of 10th grade.
I've been thinking about the car I want and when I should start to save up money for it.
I'm thinking that I should start in a year.
Haha, am I too young??
The car I want is kind of expensive so I have to save up soon.

Nope your having fun and planning for your future which is a great trait! And im sure when the time comes to get a car you'll be so happy with yourself that you are smart to have started saving so early on. Just dont forget what that saved money is for

Well it's good to economize as young as possible, so no I think your fine! I mean you're not too far from getting your lisense.

A guy i went to school with started a lawn care service when he was pretty young. He paid cash for a brand new truck that was over 40k from some of the money he made when he got his license. You can either spend all your free time playing video games like most kids your age or start figuring out how you can get ahead at young age like a few do.

Dont worry. We all had those thoughts. It'll eventually go away, or you'll get it one day. It will be another 10+ years though.

Dont worry. We all had those thoughts. It'll eventually go away, or you'll get it one day. It will be another 10+ years though.

You are never too young to save for anything. But save up at least half the money you need for the car you want before buying. In this economy, the last thing you need is more interest on your car payment.

Back