Am I too big for a Sport Bike?

heartbreaker

Feb 28, 2008
Ive been thinking about buying a sport bike, preferably a CBR600RR or aGSXR600/750. Im also pursuing bodybuilding, currently 6'1, 290lbs and plan on getting much bigger. Would one of these bikes be too small for someone my size and should I aim for a cruiser/harley maybe, to avoid possibly looking ridiculous on a bike too small for my size?

You can ride a Ninja 250R, doing 100 mph top, cruising at 75-80 mph on the freeways -- and is physically about the same size as any "sport" bike. If you are worried about looking ridiculous, go drive an SUV. (Clue: *ANYTHING* you can get, someone else will think you are being ridiculous.)

What would be a good motorcycle for you would depend on why you want a motorcycle and where you plan to ride.

Aerodynamics play a big part of performance and you sound like a billboard.
I suggest a cruiser, they have more TORQUE making street riding easier, but a 600 + should do fine, but more is available. America has gone overboard on the big size now topping 2000CC.

Here you go bro, check out the new Kawasaki ZX-14R!! The fastest production bike made. It beats the Suzuki Hayabusa in a 1/4 mile by nearly 1.5 to 2 seconds, on every youtube video, it's a full body bike, big enough for your size no problem. Too big for some. your frame size will fit like a glove and your body will not look or feel small on that machine, it's the one I'm considering now that I tried it on a test ride last week. I'm 6'-2" 305LBS.

man don't let your size be in the way i em about the same weight and i ride my dad's Honda rebel 250 and i have enough power for me, but if you like some thing fast and strong 600-700cc will be perfect for you!

None of your choices are good starter bikes.
Your size has little to do with it, if you don't know HOW to ride.
Take a MSF Basic Riders Course first and than go shopping for a tamer version of bike to further your skills level.
Try looking for something without a R or RR in the model name, that stands for Race and Race Ready and it appears you don't even know how to ride much less know how to race.

Back