After converting DVDs to Video_ts folders, I burn to disc which makes the movie...

Canuck

Mar 11, 2008
...skip constantly.? Hello,

I download movies and use the free program 'avi2dvd' to convert the .avi movie into a Video_ts folder. I just started using DvD Flick as of a couple of hours ago and it is all the same. Free, no watermarks or trials so they're both good and easy to use.

But now the part to burn the Video_TS folder onto a disc is whats' driving me crazy..

I tried Nero, free trial had watermark and I am looking for a free program cuz I'm poor...lol

I came across two programs that are free always with no watermarks which are 'ImgBurn' and 'AVS Disc Creator' but the AVS programs only allows you to burn 5 discs-then pay.

I have tried prism, aviWIN, AVS, ImgBurn, Nero, DVDShrink, DVDFlick, Wondershare, and so many more. I been to numerous forums, websites, and read so much information on it that by the time I was done it was 4am and didn't even have time to try it - until now...

So to end this long question and my life story:

It says that when I use ImgBurn I select device and open the video_ts file and it writes at 4x.
I burn it to dvd which takes about 9minutes and then play it. It plays perfectly with picture and sound but from the beginning to end it jumps as if the tracking is off. The picture jumps,skips, etc..

I read in forums that 8x is better to write but the lower writing speed the longer it takes but also chances it should come out problem free. I lowered the '4x' to 1x and then in the channel log it says that my dvd+rw cannot write at speeds lower then 4x and automatically writes it at 4x until I cancel.

Now when it is done writing the disc ejects then immediately closes again and says something about track 1 not enough room. then it shows numbers escalating to 25,000 malcompares and says burning done.

Is the disc supposed to go back in after it ejects?
Could it be my blank dvds? - like they're garbage or something? (probably)
Something else I am doing wrong.

Like I said I did so much research on this so I apologize for the very long post.

The BLANK DVDS I use are: RetailPlus+, DVD+R, 4.7Gb, 16x, RW.

They have a purplish backside and were given to me like 5 years ago.. lol

Thanks!

Canuck :)

Back