addin a ROM to a rooted motorola backflip?

jimmy

May 16, 2008
ive rooted my motorola backflip and im trying to install a rom and it keeps saying installation aborted (bad) zip on the recovery screen, ive already done all the steps to root it, and flashing the recover onto the phone(clockworkmod recovery v5.0.2.6 , its just a matter of installing the OS which should be so simple, ive downloaded like 3 different ones, and i get the same error 2 errors

--installing: /sdcard/cm-7.2.0-motus.zip
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
installation aborted.

the other one goes like this

E: cant open /sdcard/cm-7.2.0-motus.zip
(bad)
installation aborted.

please help

First of all I'm assuming that you have a backup in case you happen to brick your device. Now here's what i can help with. First of all you might want to install titanium backup and do a full factory reset. You need to wipe the cache, dalvik cache, and do a factory reset, if you have the option to wipe battery stats do that as well. Now make sure that the zip is in your sd card and install it from there. If it doesn't work then i would try flashing a different recovery. Maybe a downgraded version of CWM or TWRP. I use TWRP 2.3.3.1 and it works well but i don't know if your phone is compatible witht that. You can check out XDA and post your problem there too because there are many developers willing to help you. But wiping all your data should work.

Back