About to get a sports bike. Need Suggestions!?

MakeMeMyMoney

Jul 1, 2010
I've never rode a powerful bike the only bike I can ride is a bicycle lol, but I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler and it's not the gas I'm worried about, I don't want to put a ton of miles on it. So what is the procedure on getting the appropriate license to ride a sports bike? Also, I'm looking to spend 3K - 5K on a good bike so in your opinion, which bikes look the best and would probably suit someone who has never rode before.

Spend some of that money (about $275) on a MSF Basic Riders Course before spending a dime on any motorcycle. They provide different styles of small-bore bikes so all you'll need is a helmet, gloves and a pair of sturdy boots.

You've never ridden a motor bike before, but you still adamently want a sports bike? Go get a motorcycle licence, then go to a dealership and test ride some bikes. Focus on a bike thats comfortable and has smooth power before anything else. You will get the feel of what you like, then start looking at some similar second hand bikes. Bikes i would highly recomend for some one like yourself with that range of spending money include: Honda cb400, suzuki gs500/f. a yamaha fz6r is as sporty and powerful as i would go. If you want a sport bike because you like to go a bit quick and look cool, dont worry all bikes get up and go its how you ride not what you ride, the difference between sport bikes and normal bikes is; normal bikes you have to work hard to go fast, sport bikes you dont, but they have the unneccessary power to kill you on top of a normal bikes power. Learn to ride fast before you do it, especially on public roads. And i reckon naked bikes look the best anyway.

if you're buying a sports bike as your first sign an organ donor's card. ( & put me in your will)

Back