Abandoned snowmobiles on my property?

JwalkerzLady

May 12, 2013
I have two snowmobiles in my yard that do not belong to me, I told the party that owns them to come pick them up. They have been on my property since December. What time frame do I have to work with where the local law enforcement as well as state would consider them abandoned? I live in Wisconsin.

The clock doesn't run until you serve notice in writing. Registered mail is required. Then they have 30 days before you can begin the process of getting them declared abandoned.

The sooner the better. . . Just go to your local police dept. they have a form you fill out, and they will take it from there. They notify the owner, give them (I think some areas offer 10 days and some give up to 30 days) to remove them, and if they don't, you can claim them, sell them, trash them, or have the city haul them away. Obviously, the rules are not exactly the same all over the country, but as a rule, the sooner you act, the better it is.
Your local police dept can tell you all about it - they have lots of experience at it. lol

Back