95 Chevy Camaro engine problem?

sqweaky

Jul 12, 2008
I have a 95 Camaro, V6, 3.4L engine, and a few days ago, when I was coming to a traffic light, the brake pedal was rising and harden up, and you have to push it down really hard for the car to stop, then once I released it to step on the accelerator, or ... no before I even stepped on the gas, the car started speeding up to like 20 mph and I held onto th brakes to safely go home. When I got home, I put it in park, and the noise of the engine got even louder and the temp. gauge was rising and I got scared and I shut the ignition off. After a while I restarted and it went to normal but still the problem persisted when I tried to move so the cars just sitting there in the driveway and we already changed the brake power booster, and the problem is still there. Besides the master cylinder do you thinkit would have something to do with the accelerator. I looked at it under the hood, and my dad appearently though it would help to put carborator cleaner spray on the thing.. I;m not sure of what it's called, its the switch next to the intake when you step on the gas it goes up and down, but he put the spray on and it reacted smoother meaning it was dry and the noise of the engine roaring went down a bit but continued after that, so I hope anybody can tell me it they know what might cause this. Thanks, anything wouold be helpful.lol
It has new brakes, we did a tune up, oil change, and some other stuff already.

Back