5'4, 125, can I hold up a 600cc sport-bike?

Amy

May 14, 2008
As said before I am of rather small stature, I do have a fair ammount of muscle tone though. I have very limited experience with street bikes, ridden a few Harley's but not for an extended period of time. However, I have been riding in the dirt since before I could walk, it's kind of a family thing. I run a Yamaha YZ125 4stroke and a little
Kawasaki 80 2stroke when I really want to play, the 125 fits perfectly and I have no problem with the weight. Like I said I have a ton of dirt bike experience but almost none on the street. I am looking to buy a new CBR250 for my first street bike so I can really get comfortable and gain confidence. My problem is the weight capacity of 309lbs. I cannot safely ride 2up with my wife on a 250. What do you guys think of someone as small as me on a 600cc? And do you think even with experience on the street that it will ever be safe for me to put someone that much larger than me on the back?

Look under the MOTORCYCLE section of Yahoo Answers. Not the cycling section - as in BICYCLES.

Back