4x4 Dodge ram 1500 or Jeep?

Justin

May 14, 2008
I really like mudding and getting stuck. So I am stuck between a dodge ram 1500 4x4, a dodge Durango, and a Jeep. I don't know which one is the best for mudding/daily driver. Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!

Jeep for sure. The best vehicle Chrysler makes. The Dodge will just be stuck all the time and rattle itself to pieces. Okay, not really, but the Jeep is a much superior vehicle for offroading.

When it comes down to what each rig as made for the Durango was made to be a daily driver. It will take more work to prep for mudding. The dodge 1500 will be a good choice and require less modification. It will also let you use it as a daily driver and a pick up truck for hauling loads. The jeeps were actually designed ( the right one of course) for being off road rigs they aren't as heavy and are better for mudding. Jeeps are also good town rigs due to their smaller size. But you dont want to take any tight corners to fast because they can tip easily. The jeep you would want would be the older Cherokee Laredo cj willys or the wrangler. Nice to meet a fellow mudder. And as a tip a front bumper winch is a beautiful tool to have it will save you a$$ more than once.

Back