3G internet sharing from laptop to iPhone 4?

RickeeeP

Mar 29, 2011
Could somebody please advise how i could share my 3G internet donggle with my iphone 4 ?

I have the donngle plugged in to my laptop and i would like to be able to access the internet on my iPhone through that internet connection? So first of all how would i do this and please this would have to be an idiots guide because even though i know my way round a computer i can easly get lost LOL.

I assume you do some kind of sharing through an ip address but how would my iPhone 4 see the connection on WiFi.

I am running an iPhone 4 and Windows 7 on my laptop and the donngle is through Vodafone.

The reason i am trying to do this is because my phone is a company phone and i have to pay for 3G and internet connection if i put the 3G on my phone and as i have a internet donngle i would like to just use that as like a WiFi hotspot.

I would like to do this to my wifes phone as well if possible, I did but a MiFi sharing box but to be honest it was S***

Could somebody please advise and please give me step by step of how i can do this, as i have read a bit about it and seen people having trouble with there iPhone not connecting, something to do with firewall settings. So like i said please could somebody talk me through step by step.

Thanks

Back