30 gallon tank how many fish can I safely put in?

EnderWiggin

Apr 15, 2013
So I'm starting an aquarium and I was trying to decide what kind of fish to but in, but the problem is I don't know how many of each I can have in the tank without it getting to crowded. These are the types I had picked out:

Ghost Shrimp
Albino Cory Catfish
Glo Fish
Zebra Danio
Marigold Variatus
Red Minor Tetra

I feel like that's too many types though and don't know which ones would be best together. I'd really like to get the shrimp and catfish though. I've never had an aquarium before so any advice would be nice. Also any advice on setup would be appreciated too

Hmm

6 corydoras, good minimum size.

3 Glofish and 3 zebra danio, they're the same species and will shoal together just fine.

3 to 4 platies, try to get all males, or a male and 3 females, if you know what to do with the babies.

And finally abother shoal of 6, red minors. They may bother the platies at feeding time, so watch out.

And you can add a handful of ghost shrimp, they don't really add much bioload, Start with 5 and see how your water tests turn out.

Once the tank is cycled, add the shrimp and danios/ glofish first, then the next week add the platies and corydoras, and then top it off with the tetras.

Hi!

You could have
2 ghost shrimp
2 Albino Cory Catfish
and either have 5-15 (small fish like to live in groups) of the Zebra Danio, Marigold Variatus, and Red minor Tetra
but this is just my opnion but ask the pet shop people that are experts in fish and ask them how many of each of those fish can fit in a 30 gallon tank to be sure.

You can put 1.5 in of fish per gallon and believe me i know what im talking about im a proud 100 gal fish tank owner

Back