2006 Serie A scandal

boxxermann

Mar 15, 2008
Club punishments...

Juventus:Relegated to Serie B30-point deduction for next seasonStripped of 2005 and 2006 titlesOut of 2006-07 Champions LeagueFive-year ban for ex-general manager Luciano MoggiFive-year ban for ex-chief executive Antonio Giraudo
A.C. Milan:Deducted 15 points next seasonDeducted 44 points 2005/06Out of 2006-07 Champions LeagueOne-year ban for vice president Adriano GallianiClub official Leonardo Meani banned for three years and six months
Fiorentina:Relegated to Serie B12-point deduction next seasonOut of 2006-07 Champions LeaguePresident Andrea Della Valle banned for three years and six monthsFour-year ban for honorary president Diego Della Valle
Lazio:Relegated to Serie BOut of 2006-07 UEFA Cup7-point deduction next seasonThree-year ban for president Claudio Lotito

I hear they are planning to appeal this. What do you think of their chances?

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
hit them where it hurts eufa and champoins league revenue

The punishments could have been alot worse, they could be back in Serie A in 2 years.

Only being banned from Europe for 1 year is poor, what about banning all Italian teams for 5-10 years, that would do the job .

one years ban from europe means massive cash loss from gate sales and tv contracts
these people only understand things in monetary terms

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serie_A_scandal_of_2006

In short... In May 2006, a massive match fixing scandal in the history of Italian Serie A football was uncovered by Italian police, implicating league champions Juventus, and powerhouses A.C. Milan, Fiorentina, and Lazio. Teams have been accused of rigging games by selecting favourable referees, and players have been accused of illegally gambling on football games.

Also see: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4989484.stm

I expect Lazio to be back up in a year, Juve and Fiorentina may have to wait a while. There'll be some bargains in the transfer/loan market this summer though.

I just want to see where the Juventus players go. I know of a certain team in London with a new stadium that might take back Patrick Vieira...

nah, Fabregas is coming into his own now and Vieira is getting old...I'd be surprised if Arsenal didn't try to get a couple on loan though

I forgot to mention - for 10m!!!

(Yes, the player who Arsenal coud have sold a few years back for 50m!)

Back